Jobs at the JRB
Web and Digital Ideas Editor
The Jewish Review of Books, a leading magazine of Jewish ideas, culture, and politics, is seeking a full-time Web and Digital Ideas Editor.
The Web and Digital Ideas Editor will help to develop the editorial vision and re-design of our website and will be responsible for commissioning, editing, and posting regular online, social media, and multimedia content in keeping with the high intellectual standards and editorial mission of the Jewish Review of Books.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent editorial skills, including the ability to independently come up with story ideas, manage and edit authors on a deadline, and curate compelling graphics
- A strong interest in and knowledge of the Jewish Review of Books and the issues it covers
- Ability to write occasional pieces as well as all ancillary copy: headlines, blurbs, email blasts, etc.
- Familiarity with content management systems (e.g., WordPress, Joomla), email marketing platforms, graphic design, and web analytics services
- Ability to multitask and work independently while coordinating with the magazine staff
- Prior editorial or managerial experience in the world of digital ideas is preferable
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, August 11, 2017.